Do you want a delicious and nutritious snack that you can have any time of day… even before bed?
These muffins are made with pregnancy power foods that don’t trigger heartburn… which is great news if you need an anytime-of-day snack that’s not going to make you uncomfortable.
They’re made with rolled oats, almond milk and bananas which are renowned for their alkaline properties. FYI, alkaline foods are the opposite of acidic foods that can stimulate more stomach acid and therefore heartburn. On the contrary, alkaline foods help counterbalance the pH levels of your stomach acid and are less likely to trigger heartburn.
Plus, these muffins are naturally sweetened with bananas and raisins so they won’t trigger a blood sugar spike and therefore, fat storage – especially before bed. If you prefer something a little sweeter, feel free to add 3 tablespoons of maple syrup.
What you need
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2-3 bananas)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
What to do
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tray with paper cupcake liners. Alternatively, coat the muffin tray with butter or oil.
- Mix the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, raisins, and sea salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix together the mashed bananas, eggs, and almond milk in a separate mixing bowl until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the banana mixture into the oats and stir well until the mixture is even.
- Scoop the mixture out into the muffin tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins are baked through (when you pierce a muffin with a fork, it comes out dry).
- Allow the muffins to cool before serving. Alternatively, store the muffins in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days.